Ag & Natural Resources
Our thoughts & prayers are extended to Mike (retired ANR) & Kay Smith and family on the passing of his father, Charles Smith. Visitation info: Glenn Funeral Home (900 Old Hartford Road, Owensboro) Wednesday, January 14 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. w/prayers at 6 p.m.; Thursday, January 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.; Services at 10:30 a.m. at Immaculate Catholic Church (2516 Christie Place, Owensboro) with burial to follow at St. Louis Cemetery in Henderson. Memorial contributions may be made to Immaculate Catholic Church or Wounded Warriors. For a full obituary, please go to http://www.glennfuneralhome.com/
- Farm Bill Resource Page (KY CES). The Farm Bill AaE widget is there also -- http://www.uky.edu/Ag/AgEcon/farmbill
UPCOMING MEETINGS & ACTIVITIES -
PRIVATE APPLICATOR PESTICIDE CERTIFICATION/RECERTIFICATION DATES HAVE BEEN SET!
February 2, 2015 - Choose from these 3 sessions: 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. OR 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. OR 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Sessions will be held in the Extension Education & Expo Center.
Educational programs of the Cooperative Extension Service serve all people regardless of race, color, sex, religion, disability or national origin.
Ag Links - to newest updates
- Current edition "Economic & Policy Update" - Click HERE
- Current edition "Off the Hoof" newsletter for beef producers - click HERE!
- Current edition "Forage News" - Click HERE
- Current edition "Kentucky Pest News" - Click HERE
- UK Grain Crops Blog
- University of Kentucky Variety Trials - Click HERE
- Soybean Rust Prediction Center - Click HERE
- The Chat 'n Chew (Purdue University)
- Past issues of "In The Field With Camille" - click
- 2014 University of Kentucky Variety Trials are now available - click HERE
Ag Econ Links -
Remember the Henderson County Conservation District has a ditcher and drill for use by Henderson County farmers. Contact the Conservation District at 270-869-9193 OR Parrish Shop & Sales at 270-827-9937
- Planting Corn into Sod by Dr. Chad Lee, UK Extension Grain Crops specialist
- Corn Growth & Development by Dr. Chad Lee, UK Extension Grain Crops specialist
TOBACCO LINKS you may find useful -
LIVESTOCK LINKS you may find useful -