Ag & Natural Resources
Welcome to the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture, Food and Environment
Henderson County Cooperative Extension Agriculture and Natural Resources Page
County Extension Agent
for Agriculture and Natural Resources
NEW EVENT!!! Small Farm & Garden Conference - 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., March 12, 2016 - Henderson County Cooperative Extension Education & Expo Center - 3099 Zion Road, Henderson KY- For complete information & registration form click HERE!
January 2016 Edition of "In The Field with Camille" has been printed - click HERE for your copy!
Click HERE to see past episodes of "Ag Life" featuring Camille Lambert. Program airs at 6:30 a.m. on Tristate HomePage Channels WEHT Local (ch 25) each Saturday and 6:30 a.m. on Local 7 WTVW each Sunday!
Upcoming Meetings -
- February 22 - Private Applicator Certification/Recertification - If you need Private Applicator Certification or renewal of your current certification, here's your chance! You will have 3 opportunities on Monday, February 22. Sessions will be held at 9 a.m.; 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. All sessions will be held in the Henderson County Extension Education & Expo Center.
- Wednesday, February 24 - 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. - Henderson County FFA invites you to the Farmer Appreciation Pancake Breakfast at the Henderson County Archery Building. Please RSVP (call or text J. T. Payne 270-577-1204 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org by February 17!
- March 2 - IPM Training - UK Research & Education Center in Princeton - Click HERE for full details. Program is approved for 5.0 CEU’s for CCA’s (3.0 – Integrated Pest Management and 2.0 – Crop Management) and 3 pesticide education hours (2 general & 1 specific) for pesticide applicators in categories 1A, 10 and 12. (1A= Plant & Animal Pest Control 10=Demonstration & Research 12=Pesticides Sales Agent)
- March 8 - Poultry Litter Meeting - Henderson County Extension Education & Expo Center - 9 a.m. to noon w/lunch provided. Topics include Methods to Optimize Nutrients in Poultry Litter; Nutrient Variability in Litter; and Decision Making Tools for the Use of Poultry Litter. Presentors are Dr. Josh McGrath, University of Kentucky Extension Soil Specialist; Dr. Edwin Ritchey, University of Kentucky Extension Soils Specialist; and Dr. Jordan Shockley, University of Kentucky Extension Ag Economics Farm Management
Camille Lambert with Joanna Coles (Warren County ANR) - Just finished recording for Ag Connections radio show and an appearance on Farm & Home, aired on local Bowling Green stations. (01/05/16)
2015 - 2016 Kentucky Agricultural Economic Situation and Outlook from the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture, Food and Environment - Click HERE
2015 University of Kentucky Variety Trials have been published - click HERE!
New publication from sorghumcheckoff.com - Best Management Practices to Combat the Sugarcane Aphid - click HERE
Remember the Henderson County Conservation District has a ditcher and drill for use by Henderson County farmers. Contact the Conservation District at 270-869-9193 OR Parrish Shop & Sales at 270-827-9937
Ag Links - to newest updates
- Current edition "Economic & Policy Update" - Click HERE
- Current edition "Off the Hoof" newsletter for beef producers - click HERE!
- Current edition "Forage News" - Click HERE
- Current edition "Kentucky Pest News" - Click HERE
- UK Grain Crops Blog
- University of Kentucky Variety Trials - Click HERE
- Soybean Rust Prediction Center - Click HERE
- Chat 'n Chew - blog (Purdue University)
- 2014 University of Kentucky Variety Trials - click HERE
AG ECON -
- Planting Corn into Sod by Dr. Chad Lee, UK Extension Grain Crops specialist
- Corn Growth & Development by Dr. Chad Lee, UK Extension Grain Crops specialist
Educational programs of the Cooperative Extension Service serve all people regardless of race, color, sex, religion, disability or national origin.