Ag & Natural Resources
Current edition of "In the Field with Camille" -- Click HERE
October/November 2014 edition now posted!
UPCOMING MEETINGS & ACTIVITIES -
November 12 – 2014 Farm Bill Ag Risk Ccoverage (ARC)/Price Loss Coverage Workshop in Daviess County - Click HERE for full details and additional upcoming locations for this program
November 14-15 – KY Beginning Farmer Conference, Lexington, KY
November 19 – Lender’s Conference from 9 a.m.. – noon, Henderson County Extension Office
November 19/20 - Precision Technology Seminar - Daviess County Extension Service Office - click HERE for details!
November 20—Beef Referendum—Vote at the Henderson County Extension Office between 8 a.m.. and 6 p.m.. - Full details are HERE!
November 21 – Ohio Valley Precision Ag Conference, Evansville, IN - click HERE for details!
November 30 – Deadline for Agricultural Development Funds applications, receipts, photos, and other required documentation
December 3-6 – Kentucky Farm Bureau Federation 95th Annual Meeting, Louisville, KY
December 4 – CPH45 Sale, Kentuckiana
December 8 – Early Bird Grain Meeting, Henderson County Extension Office - click HERE for details
December 11 – Tiling program, McLean, KY
December 17 – First Farm Start Session, TBA
December 22 – Surviving the Low Commodity Workshop, Daviess County Extension office
Educational programs of the Cooperative Extension Service serve all people regardless of race, color, sex, religion, disability or national origin.
Ag Links - to newest updates
- Current edition "Economic & Policy Update" - Click HERE
- Current edition "Off the Hoof" newsletter for beef producers - click HERE!
- Current edition "Forage News" - Click HERE
- Current edition "Kentucky Pest News" - Click HERE
- UK Grain Crops Blog
- University of Kentucky Variety Trials - Click HERE
- Soybean Rust Prediction Center - Click HERE
- The Chat 'n Chew (Purdue University)
- Past issues of "In The Field With Camille" - click
- 2013 University of Kentucky Variety Trials are now available (Soybeans, Corn, Wheat) - click HERE
Beef Information Resources Links including 2013 Sire EPD requirements for CAIP Beef Genetic Improvement Program
Ag Econ Links -
Remember the Henderson County Conservation District has a ditcher and drill for use by Henderson County farmers. Contact the Conservation District at 270-869-9193 OR Parrish Shop & Sales at 270-827-9937
- Planting Corn into Sod by Dr. Chad Lee, UK Extension Grain Crops specialist
- Corn Growth & Development by Dr. Chad Lee, UK Extension Grain Crops specialist
TOBACCO LINKS you may find useful -
LIVESTOCK LINKS you may find useful -