Ag & Natural Resources
2017 Ag Appreciation Breakfast -
Agriculturalist of the Year and Lifetime Achievement Award nomination applications are available to download. They must be submitted to KYNDLE by February 23. The 2017 KYNDLE Ag Appreciation Breakfast will be Thursday, March 9 at the Chase Fulcher Archery Building at the corner of Airline Rd & Gardenmile Rd. Event starts at 7:15 a.m. Contact KYNDLE at 270-826-7505 to make your reservation prior to March 7 or for more information.
2017 IMP Training School -
The 2017 Integrated Pest Management Training School is Wednesday, March 1, at the University of Kentucky Research and Education Center in Princeton. The complete agenda for the free training is available on the IPM website at http://www.uky.edu/Ag/IPM/ipm.htm. Contact Patty Lucas, UK IPM specialist, for more information about the program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 270-365-7541, ext. 218. NOTE: IPM School is approved for 5.5 continuing education units for Certified Crop Advisers, which includes 3.5 in integrated pest management and two in crop management. Pesticide applicators can receive two general and one specific continuing education hours in categories 1A, 10, 12 and 14.
Variety Trials from the University of Kentucky - Click HERE (Corn, Soybeans have been posted for 2016!)
- University of Kentucky Forage website has several upcoming events for the first 3 months of 2017 - click HERE to be taken to their site.
UK's Agriculture & Natural Resources has a new homepage with direct links to current issues of Economic & Policy Update, Forage News, Off the Hoof along with other links of interest related to the topics listed below. Click HERE to go the the UK ANR Homepage.
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Markets
- Agricultural Weather Center
- Agriculture & Natural Resources
- Animal and Food Sciences
- Biosystems & Agricultural Engineering
- Integrated Pest Management
- Kentucky Pest News - weekly updates on what's affecting our crops, fruits/vegetables, landscapes and homes
- News & Upcoming Events
- Plant Pathology
- Precision Agriculture for Kentucky
- Publications (Extension and Research)
- Regulatory Services
Other links of interest - The following are provided for your convenience. The University of Kentucky does not control or take responsibility of these sites.
- KyGrains is your source for up-to-the-minute info on Kentucky Grain Crops
- The Chat'n Chew Cafe from Purdue University offers the latest crop production newsletters and news releases compiled from universities and other public Web sites across the U.S., listed in order beginning with the most recently published news.
- Fusarium Head Blight Prediction Center can help you track Fusarium Head Blight in your wheat crop
- USDA Public PIPE Website is your source for tracking Southern Rust in Corn and Soybean Rust and Soybean Aphids
- Kentucky Ag Statistics provides accurate and useful statistics
- USDA Agency Reports provides information by date
Ohio River Stages from the National Weather Service Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service
- Ohio River at Owensboro
- Ohio River at Newburgh
- Ohio River at Evansvillle
- Ohio River at J.T. Myers Lock & Dam Uniontown
Watch AgLife with Camille Lambert, Henderson County ARN Extension Agent on Saturday mornings at 6:30 a.m. on Tristate HomePage Channel WEHT Local (ch 25) and if you miss it on Saturday, you can catch it on Sunday mornings at 6:30 a.m. on Local 7 WTVW.
Henderson County Emergency Management has their CodeRed system in place and you may signup to be notified by your local emergency response team in the event of emergency situations or critical community alerts. Click HERE to go to the CodeRed signup page.
Remember the Henderson County Conservation District has a ditcher and drill for use by Henderson County farmers. Contact the Conservation District at 270-869-9193 OR Parrish Shop & Sales at 270-827-9937