Ag & Natural Resources
Marketing Seminar is Monday, December 9 - 9:30 a.m. in the Extension Education & Expo Center. Mark Gold, Top Third Ag Marketing, will be our guest speaker. Lunch provided. Also, Dr. Cory Walters will speak on farm programs and insurance. This will be his last presentation here as he will be moving to the University of Nebraska. Make your plans to attend!
Pesticide Certification is set for December 19. Choose 1 of 2 sessions - 9:30 a.m. OR 1:30 p.m. Both sessions will be in the Extension Education & Expo Center. Check your expirations and make plans to attend!
HOT OFF THE PRESS -
- 2013 University of Kentucky Corn Variety Trials - click HERE
Watch the UK Grain Crops website for other variety trial results - click HERE for site
- Best of the Best Bred Heifer Sale - November 23, 2013 - 5 p.m. (CST) at Kentuckiana Livestock Market
- December 9 - Mark Gold will be guest speaker for our marketing update - more details soon!
Some Ag Links of interest ......
- Current edition "Economic & Policy Update" - Click HERE
- Current edition "Off the Hoof" newsletter for beef producers - click HERE!
- Current edition "Forage News" - Click HERE
- KENTUCKY PEST NEWS - Click HERE
- UK Grain Crops Blog
- University of Kentucky Variety Trials - Click HERE
- Soybean Rust Prediction Center - Click HERE
- The Chat 'n Chew (Purdue University)
From University of Kentucky College of Agriculture "Economic and Policy Update", September 27, 2013:Vol 13 No. 9 September 2013 Economic & Policy Update - HEALTHCARE UPDATE by Lauren Omer, KFM Henderson County - Click HERE
Beef Information Resources Links including 2013 Sire EPD requirements for CAIP Beef Genetic Improvement Program
Ag Econ Links -
Many farmers have purchased or are considering automatic section control units for their planters. I recently participated in an in-service where agents had input in helping develop a tool used to determine cost effectiveness of adding these to your opporation. Below, you will find the Univeristy link where you can download this tool if you desire.
The Automatic Section Control for Planters Cost Calculator (ASCCC) is now available. This tool is the result of joint collaboration between UT Specialists: Dr, Margarita Velandia, Dr. Mike Buschermohle, Tammy McKinley and Michele Wilson.
ASCCC is simply an interactive computerized decision aid tool designed to help you evaluate potential benefits of Automatic Section Control (ASC) Technology for planters (i.e., lower seed, and improved yield potential) and estimate the number of years it would take an investment in ASC for planters to return its original cost through the annual net cash revenue it generates (i.e. savings).
Powerpoints from January 2012 -
RISK MANAGEMENT FROM A LAND LEASE PERSPECTIVE
- Managing Risk Through Communication by Michael C. Smith, Extension Agent
- Flex-Lease Land Bubble by Greg Halich, UK Extension Farm Management Economics
- Flex-Lease Game by Greg Halich, UK Extension Farm Management Economics
Remember the Henderson County Conservation District has a ditcher and drill for use by Henderson County farmers. Contact the Conservation District at 270-869-9193 OR Parrish Shop & Sales at 270-827-9937
- Planting Corn into Sod by Dr. Chad Lee, UK Extension Grain Crops specialist
- Corn Growth & Development by Dr. Chad Lee, UK Extension Grain Crops specialist
TOBACCO LINKS you may find useful -
LIVESTOCK LINKS you may find useful -
Mike Smith, Henderson County Agriculture and Natural Resources Extension Agent, was recognized for Three or More Yield Entries in the 2010 Kentucky Extension Soybean Production Contest by Gerry Hayden (Left), Ky. Soybean Promotion Board Chairman, at the 2011 Kentucky Commodity Conference Awards Banquet on Friday evening, January 21, 2011 at the University Plaza Holiday Inn in Bowling Green, Kentucky. - Warren County/Bowling Green, Kentucky