Ag & Natural Resources
Friday, June 28 - 7:30 a.m.
Grain Marketing Update with Dr. Corey Walters, University of Kentucky Assistant Extension Professor Ag Economics, will be our guest. He should give us up-to-the-minute comments on the market as planting intentions come out. Join us in the Extension Education & Expo Center for a light breakfast and current information!
- New edition "Economic & Policy Update is now available - Click HERE! (May 2013)
- Current edition "Off the Hoof" newsletter for beef producers - click HERE!
- SOYBEAN RUST PREDICTION CENTER - Click HERE!
- UK Grain Crops Blog
Green River Area Master Marketer Program - a 5 session curriculum of marketing stragegies for cattle. Cost is $25. Session dates & locations are:
- July 16 (Ohio Co.)
- July 23 (Hancock Co.)
- July 30 (Henderson Co.)
- August 6 (Webster Co.)
- August 13 - to be determined
Click HERE for flyer with full information. Call the Henderson County Extension Service at 270-826-8387 to register.
Beef Information Resources Links including 2013 Sire EPD requirements for CAIP Beef Genetic Improvement Program
2012 Cattle Producer Survey - Click to complete!
DROUGHT INFO -
- The 2012 Drought and Income Tax Deferral of Crop Insurance and/or Disaster Payments from Iowa State University, CALT - www.calt.iastate.edu
- Drought Conditions & Crop Insurance, Information from the Risk Mangement Agency and University of Kentucky by Cory Walters, University of Kentucky
- 2012 Kentucky Corn & Soybean ACRE Payments Prospects by Cory Walters and Greg Halich, University of Kentucky
- Grain Markets and the 2012 USDA Planting Intention & Grain Stocks Report by Cory Walters
LATEST AG NEWS -
- UK Grain Crops Specialists on the Grain Crops Update site -- click HERE for info
- Forage News from the University of Kentucky
Variety & Performance Trial Links -
- SCN Resistant Varieties from Iowa State
- University of Kentucky Variety Trials
- Forage Variety Performance Trials
- Small Grain Variety Performance Trials
- Soybean Variety Performance Trials
- Corn Variety Performance Trials
Ag Econ Links -
Many farmers have purchased or are considering automatic section control units for their planters. I recently participated in an in-service where agents had input in helping develop a tool used to determine cost effectiveness of adding these to your opporation. Below, you will find the Univeristy link where you can download this tool if you desire.
The Automatic Section Control for Planters Cost Calculator (ASCCC) is now available. This tool is the result of joint collaboration between UT Specialists: Dr, Margarita Velandia, Dr. Mike Buschermohle, Tammy McKinley and Michele Wilson.
ASCCC is simply an interactive computerized decision aid tool designed to help you evaluate potential benefits of Automatic Section Control (ASC) Technology for planters (i.e., lower seed, and improved yield potential) and estimate the number of years it would take an investment in ASC for planters to return its original cost through the annual net cash revenue it generates (i.e. savings).
PowerPoints from January 12, 2012 program -
RISK MANAGEMENT FROM A LAND LEASE PERSPECTIVE
- Managing Risk Through Communication by Michael C. Smith, Extension Agent
- Flex-Lease Land Bubble by Greg Halich, UK Extension Farm Management Economics
- Flex-Lease Game by Greg Halich, UK Extension Farm Management Economics
- Remember the Henderson County Conservation District has a ditcher and drill for use by Henderson County farmers. Contact the Conservation District at 270-869-9193 OR Parrish Shop & Sales at 270-827-9937
UK Grain Crops Links-
- Planting Corn into Sod by Dr. Chad Lee, UK Extension Grain Crops specialist
- Corn Growth & Development by Dr. Chad Lee, UK Extension Grain Crops specialist
TOBACCO LINKS you may find useful -
LIVESTOCK LINKS you may find useful -
Mike Smith, Henderson County Agriculture and Natural Resources Extension Agent, was recognized for Three or More Yield Entries in the 2010 Kentucky Extension Soybean Production Contest by Gerry Hayden (Left), Ky. Soybean Promotion Board Chairman, at the 2011 Kentucky Commodity Conference Awards Banquet on Friday evening, January 21, 2011 at the University Plaza Holiday Inn in Bowling Green, Kentucky. - Warren County/Bowling Green, Kentucky