Henderson County Cooperative Extension
Welcome to Henderson County Cooperative Extension. We're part of the University of Kentucky and Kentucky State University off-campus information network. Let us connect you to UK, KSU and the world. We deliver information, education, and solutions. And we grow ideas into better communities, stronger local economies, and healthier lives. Contact us today and see how we can make a difference in your life.
UPCOMING DATES -
- UK Corn, Soybean, Tobacco Field Day - July 30 at the Research & Education Center in Princeton, KY. More Info contact Colette Laurent - 270-365-7541 x264
- Canola - August 5 from 8 a.m. to 12 noon at the Extension Education & Expo Center - More details soon.
- Tri-County Grain Sorghum Field Day - August 7 @ 9 a.m. - Melton Farm - 720 Wrightsburg Rd, Sebree - Topics include Weed Control & Resistant Weeds (Dr. Jim Martin); Grain Sorghum Storage (Dr. Sam McNeill); Soil Fertility (Dr. Lloyd Murdock); Insect Issues in Grain Sorghum (Dr. Ric Bessin) - Lunch sponsored by United Sorghum Checkoff Program
- RINSE & RETURN - August 18 from 10.00 am- 12.00 pm at Henderson County Road Department 5682 Airline Road Henderson - All jugs must be rinsed, lids and booklets removed or they will be rejected.
- Managing for Today and Tomorrow - A 4 part program for Women in Agriculture - Succession, Business, Estate and Retirement Planning - For full brochure & registration form - Sept. 8, 15, 22 & 29 w/meetings rotating between Daviess, Henderson, McLean and Ohio Counties. Click HERE for registration form, deadline and cost info.
Click HERE to see what's happening at Henderson County Cooperative Extension!
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
In accordance with KRS 176.051, Kentucky’s noxious weed law, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet will control noxious weeds on state-owned right of way at the request of the adjoining property owner. The noxious weeds named in this law are Johnsongrass, Giant foxtail, Canada thistle, Nodding thistle, Common teasel, Multiflora rose, Amur honeysuckle, Poison hemlock, Marestail, Japanese knotweed, and Kudzu.
Persons who own property adjacent to state right of way and who are involved in eradication efforts on their property can submit a written application to the highway district office in their area. Applications and addresses of each district office will be located at state highway garages.
- All landowners and producers need to be made aware of certain deadlines. Click HERE for full information
- Heritage Quilt Barn Trail map has now been posted! Download the PDF file and start your journey around Henderson County looking for these masterpieces!
- Current LIVE WEATHER DATA from Henderson County's MESONET site!
Drop by our office, we'd be happy to help you!
KyEDEN (Kentucky Extension Disaster & Emergency Network) provides credible and reliable information relating to disaster preparedness and recovery.
Smart financial answers for you and your family!
Reduce, re-use & recycle!
Check out our Upcoming Events activities and programs.