Henderson County Cooperative Extension
Welcome to Henderson County Cooperative Extension. We're part of the University of Kentucky and Kentucky State University off-campus information network. Let us connect you to UK, KSU and the world. We deliver information, education, and solutions. And we grow ideas into better communities, stronger local economies, and healthier lives. Contact us today and see how we can make a difference in your life.
- "Saturday Morning in the Garden with Andy" is a series featuring various garden topics over a 6-session series. Sessions begin at 8 a.m. and will be about an hour long in the Extension Education & Expo Center. No registration required and the program is free. Drop by for coffee, a donut and some garden knowledge! Additional dates are April 30, May 14, 28 and June 11. Full schedule of topics can be found on the Horticulture page.
- May 7 is the Henderson County Master Gardeners Annual Spring Plant Sale at the Henderson County Extension Service Education & Expo Center - 3099 Zion Road
- May 14 is your opportunity to create a yard decoration of faux bamboo. In cooperation with the Henderson County Master Gardeners, you will have the chance to create your own faux bamboo masterpiece. Class time is 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and you must RSVP to the Extension Office at 270-826-8387. Click HERE for full details!
Be sure and check our program specific page links at the top for upcoming programs and information.
Congratulations to this year's Ag Appreciation Award Winners.........
Lifetime Achievement in Agriculture Award
Agriculturalist of the Year Award
You have questions? We have answers!
Any employee who believes they have been discriminated against may seek resolution through a variety of paths. Discrimination may be reported to the District Director or supervisor. To initiate a complaint at the college level, contact Tim West in the Business Office at 859-257-3879. At the University level, Terry Allen and Patty Bender in the UK Office of Institutional Equity and Equal Opportunity (859-257-8927) may be contacted. Additionally, employee or clientele complaints involving any research or extension sponsored program or activity may be directed to the USDA, Director Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W Whitten Bldg., 14th & Independence Ave. SW, Washington DC 20250-9410 (202-720-5964).
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
In accordance with KRS 176.051, Kentucky’s noxious weed law, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet will control noxious weeds on state-owned right of way at the request of the adjoining property owner. The noxious weeds named in this law are Johnsongrass, Giant foxtail, Canada thistle, Nodding thistle, Common teasel, Multiflora rose, Amur honeysuckle, Poison hemlock, Marestail, Japanese knotweed, and Kudzu.
Persons who own property adjacent to state right of way and who are involved in eradication efforts on their property can submit a written application to the highway district office in their area. Applications and addresses of each district office will be located at state highway garages.
- All landowners and producers need to be made aware of certain deadlines. Click HERE for full information
- Heritage Quilt Barn Trail map has now been posted! Download the PDF file and start your journey around Henderson County looking for these masterpieces!
- Current LIVE WEATHER DATA from Henderson County's MESONET site!
Drop by our office, we'd be happy to help you!
Smart financial answers for you and your family!
Reduce, re-use & recycle!
Check out our Upcoming Events activities and programs.