Henderson County Cooperative Extension
Welcome to Henderson County Cooperative Extension. We're part of the University of Kentucky and Kentucky State University off-campus information network. Let us connect you to UK, KSU and the world. We deliver information, education, and solutions. And we grow ideas into better communities, stronger local economies, and healthier lives. Contact us today and see how we can make a difference in your life.
- Wednesday, February 24 - 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. - Henderson County FFA invites you to the Farmer Appreciation Pancake Breakfast at the Henderson County Archery Building. Please RSVP (call or text J. T. Payne 270-577-1204 OR email email@example.com by February 17!
- Small Farm & Garden Conference - 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., March 12, 2016 - Henderson County Cooperative Extension Education & Expo Center - 3099 Zion Road, Henderson KY- For complete information & registration form click HERE!
- Private Applicator Certification or Recertification - Monday, February 22, 2016 - Henderson County Cooperative Extension Education & Expo Center - 3099 Zion Road. Check your "yellow card" and see if it's up for renewal. You have 3 opportunities on February 22, so choose your session from 9 a.m. OR 2 p.m. OR 6 p.m. See you there!
You have questions? We have answers!
Any employee who believes they have been discriminated against may seek resolution through a variety of paths. Discrimination may be reported to the District Director or supervisor. To initiate a complaint at the college level, contact Tim West in the Business Office at 859-257-3879. At the University level, Terry Allen and Patty Bender in the UK Office of Institutional Equity and Equal Opportunity (859-257-8927) may be contacted. Additionally, employee or clientele complaints involving any research or extension sponsored program or activity may be directed to the USDA, Director Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W Whitten Bldg., 14th & Independence Ave. SW, Washington DC 20250-9410 (202-720-5964).
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
In accordance with KRS 176.051, Kentucky’s noxious weed law, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet will control noxious weeds on state-owned right of way at the request of the adjoining property owner. The noxious weeds named in this law are Johnsongrass, Giant foxtail, Canada thistle, Nodding thistle, Common teasel, Multiflora rose, Amur honeysuckle, Poison hemlock, Marestail, Japanese knotweed, and Kudzu.
Persons who own property adjacent to state right of way and who are involved in eradication efforts on their property can submit a written application to the highway district office in their area. Applications and addresses of each district office will be located at state highway garages.
- All landowners and producers need to be made aware of certain deadlines. Click HERE for full information
- Heritage Quilt Barn Trail map has now been posted! Download the PDF file and start your journey around Henderson County looking for these masterpieces!
- Current LIVE WEATHER DATA from Henderson County's MESONET site!
Drop by our office, we'd be happy to help you!
KyEDEN (Kentucky Extension Disaster & Emergency Network) provides credible and reliable information relating to disaster preparedness and recovery.
Smart financial answers for you and your family!
Reduce, re-use & recycle!
Check out our Upcoming Events activities and programs.